Organization: Canadian Hazara Humanitarian Services (CHHS)
Position Title: Graphic and Social Media Designer
Hourly Rate: $ 14.25
Department: Internal Communications and IT
Type: Part Time, Contract (35 hours per week June 25 – August 20, 2021)
Application Deadline: June 10, 2021 at 5:00 PM
Position start date: 2021 – 06 – 25
We are looking for a Graphic Designer with good creative and technical skills to join our IT and design production team.
The individual will create designs for our organization’s print and web products.
- Create print and digital designs for events such as posters, postcards, brochures, banners etc.
- Create shareable designs for our social media
- Film events and create short video clips about our events and programs for our social media
- Manage and oversee social media content
- Use social media for brand awareness and impressions
- Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments.
- Possess solid understanding of design and user experience, leverage data where possible to ensure maximizing usability
- Willingness to adhere to and enforce all CHHS policies and procedures
- Ability to work various shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Software design and development foundational knowledge
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as work independently
- Detail-oriented and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Possess organizational and time management skills
- Ability to pass a police background check
- Excellent oral and written English and Dari communications skills
Due to Canada Summer Jobs Funding the Candidate Must:
(a) be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
(b) is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
(c) is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/ territorial legislations and regulations.
* International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents.
(d) is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical program;
Canadian Hazara Humanitarian Services is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.
If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we can neither confirm receipt of nor respond to inquiries regarding your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org