Organization: Canadian Hazara Humanitarian Services (CHHS)
Position Title: Fundraising Coordinator
Hourly Rate: $14.25
Reporting to: The Treasure
Type: Part Time, Contract (35 hours per week June 25 – August 20, 2021)
Application Deadline: June 10, 2021 at 5:00 PM
Position start date: 2021 – 06 – 25
We are looking for (3) motivated Fundraising Coordinators with the knowledge and experience in sponsorship and fundraising. The Fundraising Coordinators are responsible for developing and implementing a strong plan using defined fundraising products and initiatives; to maximize support from the community in partnership with the CHHS.
He/she will be developing relationships with a network of local supporters and volunteers who are willing to undertake fundraising events and initiatives to further the organization’s mission in the community.
- Develop and execute the fundraising strategy for the Corporation Fundraising portfolio.
- Create compelling content for communications that align with fundraising campaigns to drive engagement, participant and revenue.
- Develop and manage an effective participant communication strategy for all fundraising initiatives, with a strong focus on P2P communications.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of best practices in the area of peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Support national fundraising initiatives and projects as needed, creativity and suggestions for future planning.
- Coordinate and cultivate local 3rd party events in communities across GTA.
- Proactively engage with the public, knocking on doors and inspiring everyday people to become supporters of our non-profit corporation.
- Achieve financial and non-financial targets through the execution of solicitation strategies focused on a network of local supporters and volunteers.
- Willingness to adhere to and enforce all CHHS policies and procedures.
- Working various shifts including evenings, weekends, holidays and shift work.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively as part of a team in a leadership capacity, as well as work independently.
- Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, creativity and flexibility.
- Superior presentation, writing and editing skills and ability to convey compelling stories and messages that are tailored to unique stakeholder groups.
- Experience with financial reporting and budget management.
- Ability to inspire with an engaging personality.
- Ability to pass a police background check.
- Experience with relational databases and online fundraising platforms.
- Excellent oral and written English and Dari communications skills.
Due to Canada Summer Jobs Funding the Candidate Must:
(a) be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
(b) is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
(c) is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/ territorial legislations and regulations.
* International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents.
(d) is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical program;
Canadian Hazara Humanitarian Services is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.
If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we can neither confirm receipt of nor respond to inquiries regarding your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org